7.08.2010

so... where was I?

The last time I posted a blog entry, the world looked like this:



And now, it looks like this:


I decided to boycott blogging until Mother Nature stopped being a tempermental bee-yatch and the daily forecast began consistently using words like "sunny" and "hot" and "no rain in sight."

For the record, if I happened upon a crowd staging a protest against an Unseasonably Chilly June, I'd join them in a second. If people were picketing in support of the right to assume that spring would actually be pleasant... well, hand me a sign, sister, cuz that's one line I'd be happy to stand in.

Make no mistake: I am the Norma Rae of crappy weather.

Actually, I'm kidding... not about the Norma Rae thing, that's all true... but that's not why I haven't blogged. I've just been busier than any human has any business being with things like: Attending my brother's college graduation... visiting my niece in the hospital (she's fine now, thank goodness)... going out of town for work... going out of town for fun... coordinating my company's annual breakfast (700 people over to the office for pancakes)... and on top of it all, just putting in long hours on other projects. I do come home occassionally and reintroduce myself to my family... thankfully, there's still a spark of familiarity there.

Even more thankfully, things have slowed down... just a little, and not for long... so I thought I'd reconnect while I have a couple minutes to breathe. I have some fun stories from the past several weeks... hopefully I can get around to sharing a couple before I'm caught in the undertow again.

In the meantime, there's a perfectly good summer evening going to waste as I type (see second photo)... and since Mother Nature finally threw me a bone, I think I'll go out and enjoy what's left of it.

No comments: